Android is one of the most popular mobile computing operating systems that powers a wide range of devices including smartphones and tablets. The best thing about Android is that it can also be run on a desktop with an appropriate Android emulator for PC. Android emulator/simulator breaks down the barrier between PC and mobile computing and makes it easy to run Google’s mobile operating system side-by-side with Windows.
There are numerous free Android emulators for Windows PC on the web, but only a few of them could match up to your expectations.
Top Free Android Emulator for PC / Laptops
Following is the list of best Android emulator for PC running on Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and Windows 7, which will provide you top notch performance.
BlueStacks – Android Emulator for PC
BlueStacks App Player is one of the first and the most popular Android emulator for Windows computers thanks to its easy installation and the ability to accept third party apk files (apps). Unlike other emulators, it doesn’t need a third-party virtualization tool. The only drawback of BlueStacks is that it’s a bit slow to start, but once started, the games runs smoothly.
According to the company, BlueStacks is compatible with 96% of the apps and 86% of Android games available in Google Play Store.
Andyroid – Andy OS
A new challenger for BlueStacks has hit the floor, Andy. It’s another Android emulator, which actually matches up so closely with an actual Android device. Andy keeps users’ up to date with the latest Android OS feature upgrades. It also provides users with unlimited storage capacity and is Windows and Mac compatible.
Features of Andy Android Emulator:
- Use your phone as a remote control when playing games
- Run all your communication apps like WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, etch. from your desktop
- Provides seamless sync between desktop and mobile devices
- Connects Windows/Mac with Android apps for launching, push notifications and storage
- Enables app download from any desktop browser direct to Andy OS
- Ensures most up to date Android OS at all times
- Brings your favorite communication and mobile entertainment apps to the desktop
Genymotion – Android Emulator for PC
Genymotion is another free and advanced Android emulator for PC, which can be also classified as another alternative of BlueStacks. It has advanced features like OpenGL, hardware acceleration support, etc. It is built on the x86 architecture for better performance as compared to BlueStacks. It runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
While, it’s tool meant more for Android developers. Genymotion perfectly emulates the full Android environment. Just like Andy, it uses VirtualBox and lets users to choose between a slew of Android devices like smartphones and tablets.
YouWave – Android on Windows PC
YouWave is a free to download Android emulator for PC, which has got easy to use interface with some good features. It can be easily installed on low configuration computer without any problems. Users can install apps and games directly from Google Play Store or by using apk files.
Key Features of YouWave:
- Supports Android 5.1 Lollipop (Premium) and Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 (Free)
- Runs on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- SD card functionality – enables game saving
- Enables multi-player online games
- Dynamic rotating – phone-like instant response
- Volume control buttons
Android Emulator Features and Comparison
Above-mentioned were some of the best Android Emulators for PC running on Microsoft Windows operating system. If you know some other good and free Android emulators do let us know by commenting below.