How do you type Apple symbol emoji on your iPhone or iPad? Unlike the OSX in Mac, where Shift + Option + K produces the Apple logo (icon or symbol), there’s no any special character alternative on the iOS keyboard. So, what can you do to type Apple symbol on your iOS devices?
As of now, the quickest and simplest way to enter the Apple symbol with your iPhone or iPad is to set up a keyboard shortcut. That way, whenever you type a combination of letters, iOS will automatically replace them with the Apple symbol emoji. It should be short and unique, so it doesn’t take long to type. After some experimentation, I’ve settled on ‘aappll’, but you’ll need to find what works for you.
How to setup the Apple symbol emoji as a keyboard shortcut in iOS
- Step 1: Copy the Apple symbol from this article.
- Step 2: Go to Settings > General > Keyboards > Shortcuts
- Step 3: Tap the “+” in the upper right to add a new shortcut.
- Step 4: In the Phrase field tap and paste the Apple symbol ().
- Step 5: In the Shortcut field type any shortcut you’d like that will be replaced by the Apple symbol. I chose, aappll
- Step 6: Tap Save. That’s it.
Now you’ll be able to simply type your new shortcut on your iPhone or iPad and insert the Apple symbol emoji wherever and whenever you like.