Is your Google Chrome browser keeps crashing randomly? Want to uninstall Google Chrome from your computer? If yes then you’re in the right place. Uninstalling Google Chrome is quite a straightforward process, yet you might face some issues if Chrome isn’t functioning properly. Here in this article, we’ll be discussing several ways to uninstall Chrome from your Windows PC, Mac, Linux computer.
This blog post can help you to fix several Google Chrome problems, like:
- if you have problem uninstalling Google Chrome.
- Google Chrome doesn’t open at all.
- if you are not sure how to uninstall Google Chrome.
- if you have uninstalled Google Chrome, but there are still leftovers of the program.
- Google Chrome runs into crashes or slow performance, and many more.
Important Note: Following below-mentioned procedure will delete all your data stored on Google Chrome including settings, bookmarks, passwords, etc. So, please backup all the settings and data by signing in Google Chrome using your Google Account.
How To Uninstall Google Chrome in Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10
Step 1: Log in to your computer with your Administrator account.
Step 2: Close any opened Google Chrome Windows.
Step 3: Open Control Panel. You can access this from Start Menu. If you’re using Windows 8 / 8.1 / Windows 10, right-click on the Start Menu or press Windows Key + X and select “Control Panel”.
Step 4: Click on “Uninstall a program” or “Programs or Features”. And, if you’re using Windows XP, then select “Add or Remove Programs”.
Step 5: From the list of installed programs, select “Google Chrome” and click on “Uninstall” button that appears at the top of the list. It may take few moments for the list to completely load.
Note: Check the “Also delete your browsing data” box. This will delete all of the stored browsing data on your computer.
How To Uninstall Google Chrome in Mac OS X
Step 1: Log in as an administrator as you’ll need admin rights to delete Chrome web browser.
Step 2: Open Applications folder.
Step 3: Drag and drop Google Chrome application into your Trash.
Recommended: To permanently delete the files, Double Finger Tap or Right Click on the Trash Icon and Click “Empty Trash“.
Step 4: Delete your Chrome preferences and bookmarks. After deleting the Google Chrome application, your settings, bookmarks, passwords and history will still remain on your computer. So, follow these steps to delete this data:
- Click on Go menu in the menubar, which is located at the top of the screen. If you don’t see it, click your desktop, and it should appear.
- Now, select “Go to Folder”.
- Type ~/Library/Google and click Go.
- Drag the GoogleSoftwareUpdate folder to the Trash. Empty the Trash to delete the files.
How To Delete Google Chrome in Linux Computer
Step 1: Open the Package Manager. This is the utility that allows you to install and uninstall the software for your Linux distribution. It might have a different name depending on which distribution you are using.
Step 2: Search for “Google Chrome” in your list of installed packages.
Step 3: Select Chrome, click “Mark for Removal” and click on “Apply” to uninstall Google Chrome from your Linux computer.
- Open the Terminal: It should be present on your desktop or taskbar. If not, you can access it by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T.
- Type sudo apt-get purge google-chrome-stable and press Enter to uninstall the Chrome browser. You will be prompted to continue by pressing Y, and then you’ll be asked for your Administrator password.
- Type sudo apt-get autoremove and press Enter to clean up the Package Manager to ensure that there are no lingering files. You will be prompted to continue by pressing Y, and then you’ll be asked for your administrator password.