Transsion Holdings, the owner of the TECNO brand, has launched two new smartphones in Nepal, dubbed TECNO SPARK 5 Pro and TECNO CAMON 15 Pro. As the name suggests, the SPARK 5 Pro is the successor to the previously launched TECNO SPARK 5 and brings in upgraded specifications, by way of an improved primary camera and internal hardware.
The TECNO SPARK 5 Pro retains the rest of the specifications from its standard variant. The latest offering is priced in the sub-16k price range and comes with a punch-hole display, quad cameras, and a long-lasting battery.
The SPARK 5 Pro will compete with the likes of Redmi 8 and more among other popular under Rs 16,000 phones in Nepal. Let’s take a look at what the smartphone offers out of the box.
Tecno Spark 5 Pro Specifications and Features
The TECNO SPARK 5 Pro comes with a 6.60-inch HD+ Dot-in touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1600 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9.
Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by 2.0GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio A25 processor coupled up with 4GB of RAM and 64GB on internal storage.
In the camera part, the TECNO SPARK 5 Pro has a quad rear camera setup featuring a 16MP (f/1.8) sensor aided by an unspecified AI camera, 2MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens and macro lens for capturing wide frames, and a 2MP depth lens with an f/2.4 aperture.
An 8MP (f/2.0) dot-in camera for selfies and video calls will be packed housed within the in-display camera cutout with dual front flash.
The TECNO SPARK 5 Pro runs HiOS based on Android 10 and measures 164.70 x 76.30 x 8.75mm (height x width x thickness).
Connectivity options on the TECNO SPARK 5 Pro include 4G, 3G, NFC, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, USB OTG, and FM radio. Sensors on the phone have a built-in fingerprint sensor as the primary security feature, along with Face Unlock.
Further, the TECNO SPARK 5 Pro comes with a 5000mAh battery which is claimed to deliver 14 hours of videos, 17 hours of music, 18 hours of web browsing, 16 hours of calling, and 430 hours of standby time in a single charge.
The smartphone also has AI features like Safe Charge, which automatically cuts the power when the phone is fully charged to avoid overcharging.
Key Specifications of TECNO SPARK 5 Pro
- Dimensions: 164.7 x 76.3 x 8.75 mm
- Weight: 192g
- Display: 6.6-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display with 480 nits brightness
- Processor: Octa-Core (ARM Cortex-A53 at 2.0GHz + ARM Cortex-A53 at 1.5GHz) MediaTek Helio A25 12nm processor
- GPU: IMG IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM and ROM: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 10 with HiOS 6.1
- Rear Camera: 16MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, quad-LED Flash, 2MP macro, 2MP depth, AI camera
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual-LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), 3.5mm audio jack, DTS-HD Surround Sound, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, micro USB
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
- Colour Options: Ice Jadeite / Spark Orange / Seabed Blue / Cloud White
Tecno Spark 5 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of TECNO SPARK 5 Pro in Nepal is NPR 15,999 for the lone 4/64GB model. It can be purchased across all the authorized retail stores across the country. The smartphone will go for sale starting September 1.
|Model Name||Price in Nepal||Availability in Nepal|
|TECNO SPARK 5 Pro (4/64GB)||Rs. 15,999||1st of September|
In Nepal, the smartphone is available in Spark Orange and Ice Jadeite colour options. The smartphone also comes with 100 days replacement guarantee and 13 months service warranty.
Mahalaxmi Mobiles is the official distributor of Tecno phones in Nepal.
Looking at the overall features, it is clear that the TECNO SPARK 5 Pro is yet another budget offering by the company. Be it the punch-hole display or quad camera setup. The company is majorly focusing on offering all the elements at a budget price ever since TECNO has set its foot in the smartphone industry.