Tecno Mobiles, a Chinese smartphone maker, launched the entry-level Tecno Spark 6 Go smartphone in Nepal back in 2021. It is the newest contender in Nepal’s highly-competitive low-cost smartphone market. As evident from its name, the smartphone runs Android 10 with HiOS 6.2 on top.
The USP of this smartphone is the battery life and the company promises 40 days of standby time or 54 hours of Talktime on a single charge. The device comes with a waterdrop notch and dual cameras on the back along with a fingerprint sensor.
Table of Contents
Tecno: Brand Overview
Tecno Mobile is a smartphone manufacturer based in Shenzhen, China. It was founded in 2006 as a subsidiary of Transsion Holding. Tecno is placed as a premium smartphone brand; well above Infinix and Itel, which are also owned by Transsion. Tecno is most popular in the African market, where it has seen a steady rise ever since its entry in 2008. The company started expanding its market to South Asia in 2017.
Tecno Spark 6 Go Specifications & Features
The entry-level smartphone market in Nepal is highly competitive which is why Tecno Mobiles has made sure it offers specs that put it shoulder-to-shoulder with its competitors in its price segment.
The dual-SIM (Nano) Tecno Spark 6 Go comes with a 6.55-inch TFT display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels (269 PPI pixel density) and a peak brightness of 480 nits.
In terms of processing power, the Tecno Spark 6 Go is powered by a MediaTek Helio A25 SoC and an IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU for graphics processing. The smartphone comes with 4GB of RAM with 64GB of onboard storage that can be expanded up to 512GB via a microSD card.
With the above specs, you cannot expect the smartphone to run high-definition games and do heavy multi-tasking, however, you will be able to get through some of the ordinary smartphone tasks and run basic apps like Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, and even a few media apps.
As far as optics go, the Tecno Spark 6 Go comes with a dual rear camera setup that houses a 13-megapixel primary sensor that packs what the company calls an AI lens which supposedly is also the depth sensor.
On the front, you get an 8-megapixel sensor located on the top of the display as a punch-hole camera. It offers an array of features like HDR, AI Beauty, Bokeh Mode, and Auto Scene Detection.
Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS/ A-GPS, Micro-USB, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Sensors onboard include an accelerometer, ambient light, magnetometer, and proximity sensor. There is also a fingerprint sensor at the back for security.
Powering this whole package is a whopping 5,000mAh non-removable battery pack that without a doubt will be able to give you more than a full day’s backup. The phone does not add any support for fast-charging technology due to micro USB support and also its dated chipset.
Key Specifications of Tecno Spark 6 Go
- Body Dimensions: 165.6 x 76.3 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 193g
- Display: 6.55-inch HD+ (720 x 1600 pixels) waterdrop display, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Octa-Core (ARM Cortex-A53 at 1.8GHz + ARM Cortex-A53 at 1.5GHz) MediaTek Helio A25 12nm (IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU)
- Operating System: HiOS 6.2, Android 10
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable storage up to 512GB with microSD)
- Rear Camera:13MP + AI Lens Dual AI Camera, Features: AI HDR, AI Beauty, Bokeh Mode, Auto Scene Detection, Panorama
- Front Camera: 8MP AI Selfie Camera, Features: AI Beauty, AI Portrait, Wide Selfie, Single Variable Intensity LED Flashlight
- Other Features: Audio Share, HiOS Features Like Smart Panel 2.0, Whatsapp Call Recorder, Whatsapp Call Flashlight, Whatsapp Status Saver, WiFi Share, Dial Pad Sound Generator, Dark Theme, Vault, Gesture Call Picker
- Security: Face Unlock and Fingerprint Scanner
- Battery: 5,000mAh
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), 4G, Wi-Fi, GPS, USB OTG, FM radio, USB port, 3.5mm audio jack
- Color options: Aqua Blue, Ice Jadeite
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 11,990 (2/32GB) / Rs. 14,490 (4/64GB)
Tecno Spark 6 Go Price in Nepal and Availability
Available in two variants – 2GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB, the price of Tecno Spark 6 Go is Rs. 11,990 and Rs. 14,490 respectively in Nepal.
The smartphone is available for purchase from offline retail stores in two different color options – Ice Jadeite and Aqua Blue. The smartphone also comes with 100 days replacement guarantee and a 12+1 month warranty.
|Smartphone Model||Price in Nepal|
|Tecno Spark 6 Go (2GB/32GB)||Rs. 11,990|
|Tecno Spark 6 Go (4GB/64GB)||Rs. 14,449|
The Tecno Spark 6 Go will be going up against smartphones like the Realme C3, Redmi 9i, and Samsung Galaxy M01s.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Tecno Spark 6 Go (4GB/64GB) Price in Nepal
The price of the Tecno Spark 6 Go (4/64GB) variant in Nepal is Rs. 14,490.
What is the price of Tecno Spark 6 Go in Nepal?
The price of Tecno Spark 6 Go in Nepal is Rs. 11,990 and Rs. 14,490 for 2GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB respectively.
Tecno Spark 6 Go (2GB/32GB) Price in Nepal
The price of the Tecno Spark 6 Go (2/32GB) variant in Nepal is Rs. 11,990.
Does Tecno Spark 6 Go have a fingerprint scanner?
Yes, the Tecno Spark 6 Go has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.